Frizzy Hair…I care! Make it STOP! How to tame your beautiful, frizzy mane
Many women out there have shown a real concern regarding their frizzy, untameable hair. They are at wit's end and really do not know what to do or where to start. Before I offer some tricks of the trade, I need you to understand a little about the physical makeup of your hair. We need to talk about the physical structure of your hair and coming to grips with it. First off, on the outside, is the cuticle, then there’s the cortex of protein and the medulla, which is the core of the hair. With age, processes like bleaching, heat styling, and UV damage contribute to weakness in the medulla, meaning hair becomes less elastic and more prone to breakage and fraying.
Once damaged at the core, because of all the things mentioned above, the hair becomes frizzy as the shaft isn’t aligned - plus the follicle ages too and can’t heal itself, so it roughens over time. But do not fret because there are various steps you can take to minimize frizz and help tame your beautiful mane.
- If your hair is tangled and dry sleep on a silk pillowcase – it’ll absorb far less moisture and natural oils from your hair and won’t frizz up the cuticles.
- Switch to natural-bristle brushes that will smooth down cuticles and also carry sebum from the roots-to-ends, coating the strand and rendering hair shinier. Use this brush only when hair is dry.
- Use a plastic-bristled brush to detangle straight out the shower, as this is when you will need to be more delicate with weaker wet strands. Once your hair is bone dry, switch to the natural-bristle brush.
- Your best bet is to use a balm for curly hair or oil to smooth down straight hair when it is damp. The hair surface will be less prone to breakage or damage. It also stops splits as you will have a protective layer on each strand.
- Treatment Oil won’t weigh down your hair - it’ll close the cuticles and soften the strands, stopping it from looking frizzy and dull.
- For extra smoothness, use a conditioning mask like Pure Moisture Treatment Mask after every four washes. It’s a complete game-changer.
- To make smoothness stay put after a blow-dry, twist the hair tightly into a bun and leave it there for at least 15 minutes. This will keep the cuticles flat and silky smooth.
In the end, it is better to prevent damage and frizzy hair than it is to treat it. Take these steps into account but always remember to use quality pro products and ensure that your stylist is using the absolute best products, techniques, and tools on your most beautiful asset.
Wishing you an amazingly beautiful hair day.
At Hairaddictz, we empower women through beautiful hair.